Friday, December 3, 2010

Take Two



So 2nd time is a charm in this case. Dinner was yummy. Things that I changed are as followed:
1. Let meat come to room temperature for 45 minutes instead of only 15 minutes
2. This piece of meat did not have any of the "silver skin" on it. Ok maybe a little but I left it on.
3. I cut the piece in 2 and cooked them both at the same time in the pan. (last time I did it one at a time)
3. I looked up what against the grain and on a bias meant and cut it accordingly
4. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes instead of 5.

Results:
1. A piece of meat with a good crust and no charcoal parts.

2. Steak cooked Medium Well. ( I know it was suppose to be Med. rare but I rather eat Med. Well then rare)

3. A happy eater. Which by the way is the most important thing to me!!!

Time for game night and a cupcake. See you soon for Searing #2 Duck!!! (A little scared)

No comments:

Post a Comment