Saturday, August 31, 2013

Miller Trout


I grew up (as stated before) eating fish.  I distinctly remember fish being brought home and all I wanted was for them to fry the.... tail.  OH MY GOSH.  The crunchy fish tail was my favorite.  Needless to say, I have not had it in a while.  I am not a fisherman and to be honest, isn't trout something you are suppose to catch yourself?  Well, I could not so I got this yummy fish at Sprouts.  

I started off by grinding some thyme and then adding it to some flour. 


Here it is ready for my fish.  Here... fishy fishy!

My beautiful, non stinky trout butterflied and ready.  BTW, if the fish stinks, it's not good.  It should smell like the ocean.  Speaking from experience of course.
Here is my saute pan with the butter "foaming".
Flesh side down into the pan.  Sizzle... Sizzle....
Look at the golden color!  It smells like the ocean mixed with butter.  Is your mouth watering yet?
After I removed the fish I added mustard and a little cream to the pan to make a quick sauce.  DON'T skip the sauce.  It makes the dish!!!
Here it is.  Served with rice and roasted broccoli. (my husbands favorite)
I am going to be honest,  this is ridiculously easy.  The problem is that we usually don't have trout laying around our fridge or freezer unless you are a fisherman.  Don't be afraid.  My favorite part of this meal.... For 8 ounces of fish or one filet is only 200 calories and a ton of protein.  Eat up my friends.  It's good and good for you.

For some of you wondering if my kids ate it.  The both tried it.  Even Reagan!  Ryan said he would eat it again.  I guess I better learn how to fish.

PS: I guess I should explain the title "Miller" Trout.  There is a method in French cooking called "meuniere"  The word means "miller's wife".  This style of cooking is the food dusted with flour, sauteed in butter and then with a pan sauce created with the left over butter.  and... Now you know.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment